CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cloee these days

I am so behind on blogging. I just want to write a few things. Cloee's voice is getting louder. She really tries hard to make different noises and especially different pitches. Her voice still only has a few different pitches though. It will come out as air if hse can't hit the note. She definitely searches deep down in her throat to vocalize. She continues with physical therapy twice a week. She is skilled at rolling, for the most part, but gets a bit nervous with the feel of the carpet or tile if she rolls off the blanket. We are trying to constantly introduce her to different textures because she is still so unsure of the different feelings- whether it is something she touches with her hands or something we give her to eat. Time and repetitiveness will help with this. After being in the pool and bathtub enough, she is finally enjoying the water and will actually bat at it and sometimes even giggle if the water splashes her face. She wants to love "big people food" but once I give her a try she is either surprised by the texture or the taste. She has been eating rice cereal mixed with different baby foods for a few weeks now but doesn't always enjoy it. She loves bananas, pears, and a prune/apple combo. She is still unsure about any green veggies, orange veggies, peaches, and applesauce. I will just keep trying. Her little taste buds are still developing, after all. She is almost 14 pounds and over 8 months now. She looks healthy and is now working to grow some hair. She is almost to the point where she cries only when tired, hungry, or poopy but still has her times when I just don't know what is wrong with her. She has been very drooly for over 2 months now and still hasn't cut any teeth through. I think the time is coming though. She has begun to bite on me and sometimes acts like her mouth is hurting by holding her gums together and her cheeks kind of puff out. She is still sleeping in our room- right next to my bed but is probably ready to be moved to the empty crib in her room, I just don't know if I'm ready yet. :) Cade still bugs her like crazy but since he goes to Kindergarten for a few hours in the morning Cloee has been lovin' life! She and I have time for just us to play and learn. It is so fun. Carlee thinks Cloee is her little baby and tries to have her play house with her but as soon as she starts fussing Carlee is finished with her and immediately brings her to me. Daddy is getting better with Cloee but still won't keep her for extended periods of time. I have gone for a quick grocery run just two times without Cloee. Cloee goes everywhere with Mommy. The only people that really keep her for me is Grammy and Tia. Hopefully that will change very soon! I am getting burned out with a baby by my side 24/7. And it really isn't good for Cloee. I am so against that! Babies need to feel comfortable with other people besides their mom. She is really becoming quite attached to me- if I just walk by her she wants me to stop and play or pick her up. I think she is really early to be doing that but I guess I am the one she is with all the time so it's all she knows.
Cloee is so wonderful to have in our family. We have so much fun with her and I don't know what we would do without her. We thank our Heavenly Father every day for her and to continue to bless her to be healthy and grow strong. Love you Cloee Bear!

0 comments: