
Two weeks ago Cloee ended up in the ER because her airway swelled up and closed off so she couldn't breathe- diagnosis: Croup.
Last week she ended up in the ER once again due to a 105.4 fever- diagnosis: adenovirus.
Thursday she suddenly woke from her afternoon nap after only 30 minutes screaming bloody murder and didn't stop for over an hour. Will and I checked her bed and body thinking perhaps a spider or scorpion got her. I took her to the doctor yesterday- diagnosis: double ear infections.
It has been a few months since she has had an ear infection. She had one right after another and then they all of the sudden just stopped. It was great except the last one was gonna be the one that sent her in for tubes. I was looking forward to that only because then every time she gets a fever or is crabby I wouldn't have to guess whether it was her ears or not because the infection would just drain out her ear and I would know.
Yesterday when Dr Campbell said that Cloee had 2 bad ear infections I immediately asked her if tube placement was our next step. She said "yes" but that she wasn't going to send Cloee to any 'ol doctor for tubes- she was gonna send her to "the best ENT (otolaryngologist- AKA ear, nose, throat dr) around"! She said she was going to write a very in depth referral and that they would call me Monday. She doesn't just want this doctor to go throw tubes in her ears, although she does need them; she wants a thorough investigation of her larynx (voice box), trachea, esophagus- basically from the entrance of her mouth all the way down her throat until the top of her bronchii. She said this doctor is greatly trained and extremely well educated.
We (Will and I as parents, and all Cloee's doctors) are all bothered by her constant breathing problems. The lung issues are gonna be there, and we understand that, but why all the issues with her upper airway (throat)? Cloee's issues are so peculiar and unexplainable and just makes her docs wonder what the heck is going on in there. The doctors have said things about polyps growing among other problems that I can't remember what they are due to the many intubations and extubations that she had while in the NICU. So that is what this doctor will answer for us... hopefully. At this time we pray that whatever is found will be easily fixed and pain free for our baby girl.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Always sick
at 4:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know ypur pain in so many ways...4 major illnesses in 33 days for our little princess...we too our on our path to a diagnosis and some answers! I hope and pray that you find them. We have a great ENT too and that has made a difference even though she just got another ear infection but at least i can fix it myself! Praying for you, Chloee and the docs my friend...hoping you find answers and get some peace!
OK--lots of things. First, POOR LITTLE LAMB!!! I feel so sad for her that she has to deal with that crap. Next, that picture of her at the top of the blog--HELLO--can she be any cuter??? I love it. Love the pony tail, and the cute naked bum. LOVE it all. She is precious:)
Post a Comment