CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

She's back/ Endocrinologist/ Next

Cloee came back from the living dead Monday morning. Thank goodness! No rash ever showed up so it wasn't roseola. Probably just some random virus. I must say this is the first time she has been sick since leaving the NICU. Well it has been the first time she has been sick from something that didn't have to do with her prematurity or her crappy lungs. Just a random bug. I guess she's just a normal kid, gettin' normal bugs. Man, I didn't know what I was gonna do if I had to hold her burning body again all night long. I should probably add that on day 2 of fever I realized that she had moved up on the weight category and could start having a higher dosage of Tylenol and Motrin. DUH! I had been alternating the meds every 4 hours and it wouldn't take the fever down. I was so frustrated and she was beyond miserable. So when I alternated the meds with the correct dosage things got a bit better. Why does Motrin always work better than Tylenol? Her fever wouldn't go away for over an hour after giving Tylenol and then would be back after 2 hours and I would have to wait another hour to give the Motrin. Stupid! The other choice would have been to not alternate the two meds but just give Motrin every 6-8 hours. But the fever would come back after about 5 hours so I would give in and give her the Tylenol. Anyways, she was back to her old self again Monday morning.

Today she saw the endocrinologist. This was because she randomly started growing 'breast buds'. Basically what we (the dr and I) decided was to watch the breasts for 3 months and then bring her back. The doctor said to watch for other signs of puberty- pubic and underarm hair, body odor, acne, etc etc etc and if any of that started then to call or email him right away- and he gave me his email address. Very nice doctor, I thought.

Coming up next...
We wait until next week when she goes to Phoenix Children's Hospital Radiology for the swallow study. We already know she has had severe reflux, but does she still??? I'm interested to know. And how the heck are her larynx, pharynx, trachea and esophogus? Dont know if this test will tell us but I am hoping so. And the BIG question is... Does she have a vascular ring??? I was telling Will the other night that I kind of hope they find the vascular ring only because it will give us an answer as to why she has SUCH problems with her upper airway. BUT... it will mean cutting her chest open. YIKES! Freaks me out to even think about. I am still so scarred from the time she spent in the NICU. Could I possibly handle another hospital stay? I won't get myself all worked up about it until I know for sure. At least I will try not to get myself worked up. Yeah right!
At this time I just pray for resolve. That's what I really hope for in my heart. I want Cloee's biggest issues to be resolved.
(It seems I have received answer in the ear area. After ear infections since July her ears have been great for 2 weeks now. That's a record for her.)

0 comments: