May 20th Update: I got a few pictures of some of the dots. The one on her cheek doesn't show up well, if at all, in this picture. I will try to get some better ones soon.
When Cloee was about 4 months old she started getting these little red dots- like blood vessel clusters all over her body. I had meant to take pictures of the major ones and post on my blog so I could compare what they did look like to what they look like now, but I never did it, darn it! Now I'm kickin' myself!!!
The major ones were:
-behind her left ear there was a large one, it was raised and it looked like a mole but was it was red. I asked the pediatrician if she would poke it and she said to just leave it alone and it would go away. It got quite large, maybe the size of the little round ball on the back of a straight pin that my mom always sews with. Since she hasn't had hair to cover it the darn thing drove me nuts because people saw it all the time and would ask me about it.
-on the inside of her right hand ring finger- between the ring finger and the middle finger. It wasn't raised and it wasn't a little round circle like the one behind her ear- it was more of swipe mark. I always tried to wash it off thinking it was the jelly inside a pop tart smeared on the inside of her finger.
-below her bottom lip, kind of on her chin. I would try to wash that one off too but it was just a light pinkish red mark.
-on the right side of her face, kind of on her cheek bone but more between the end of her eyeball and her hairline. This one was a light red perfectly round, flat dot.
-on her left upper arm, kind of on her tricep up near her shoulder. It was just a light red mark.
Dr Campbell told me (I asked about these marks at many of Cloee's appts) that they would go away- usually by 15-18 months. So tonight when I was bathing Cloee I took a look behind her ear (I didn't check any of the other spots) and the raised blood blister type thing was totally smaller, almost flat. It will be gone soon, I'm sure. I guess they are just clusters of capillaries sitting at the surface of the skin and are quite common in preemies.
One step closer to 'growing out of' this preemie stuff. Oh that makes me happy!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Preemie Dots
at 8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment