Last year was Cloee's first year in dance. She was a little older than 3 and a half when the class started. She took a one hour per week ballet/tap/tumbling combo. For the first 2 months she kicked and cried and I had to drag her into class each week. Then, when I was put on bed rest while pregnant with Cash, my friend Nicole took her to dance every week. She never had a problem going to class when Nicole took her (go figure!). When I resumed taking her after being released from bed rest she still did good at going but wanted me to stay and watch every week, which I enjoyed doing. When it came time for recital she was so excited to finally be dancing on 'the big stage'. Well at dress rehearsal something happened back stage and she somehow didn't get her tap shoes on. She went out on stage and stood there with her hands on her hips and her head down low and cried. I was in the audience just fuming. An entire year of going to dance and she wasn't going to perform? No way! Afterward I found out what happened with the tap shoes. I now know that Cloee feels out of sort if she isn't prepared. The next night at the recital when she first walked onto stage at the beginning of the dance she acted a bit shy but ended up doing the entire dance and did a great job.
*Recital was June 2012
| Tap dance to 'Prince Ali' from Aladdin movie |
| Word. |
| The girls with Mom and Dad (Daddy danced too- in the Dad's Dance) |
| I love when she smiles like this |
| Cloee and Cash |
| Kisses for Cash!! |
| With Gami and Papa, great grandparents |
| With Grandpa Ron and Grandma Joann, grandparents |
| After the recital, flower bouquet for a fabulous performance! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment