The way I remember it is this:
I ended up taking Cloee to Dr Shiflet. Tricia worked for him at the time and told me about the energy medicine work he did aside from his chiropractic work. It sounded a little sketchy at the time and I was a total unbeliever. I truly didn't think that ANYONE was going to be able to 'fix' my baby girl. I felt so hopeless and helpless. I made an appointment with Dr Shiflet and even considered canceling. We showed up and went in his office and he lay Cloee in a lounge type chair (I know I have a picture of her in it- gotta look, I know it's somewhere). So she relaxed in this reclining type chair, he put earphones on her and shone a red laser type thing on the middle of her forehead. She was there for a while, maybe 10 or 20 minutes. It seemed like a long time because she was bored and kept moving, so it could have really only been like 3-5 minutes, I have no clue. He gave her his Iphone to play on and turned on a movie or something. When she was done he was looking at stuff on his computer and I went around to the back of his desk and sat next to him and tried to understand what he was seeing on the computer screen. One thing I remember him saying over and over again is, "She is one sick little girl". I knew this and now he was confirming it. Confirming that she has something wrong with her. And confirming I am a horrible mom for not being able to 'fix' her or make her better and well. He rattled off all these different issues she had. I can't really remember what they all were but one was e coli and another was wheat allergy. He kinda just tossed those to the side. Said he could fix the wheat allergy and the e coli was trace amounts, probably a normal amount that we all might carry in our systems. He asked about a bunch of things he could see in her lymph system- medications and antibiotics she had taken as far back as when she was in the NICU.
The big thing he noticed was that she had parasites. She had them everywhere. In her heart. In her blood. In her organs. And all throughout her entire digestive system. He already knew that her fevers were caused from parasites, he just needed to figure out which ones so he could treat her appropriately. I had told him about how she got these fevers very consistently and that her fevers were ALWAYS very high. He told me that parasites are very cyclic and during their incubation time the body tries to attack them by getting so hot. The body knows that they can't survive in that hot of an environment so it heats up, but then mom and dad step in and give Motrin and Tylenol to bring the fever down, so the parasites don't ever die. She actually had a few different types of parasites. I don't know how she got them. Both Dr Campbell and Dr Panesar thought I was crazy when I told them about the parasites- basically just saying Eastern and Western medicine don't see eye to eye. I don't really care though because what Dr Shiflet found and what he did to cure her actually WORKED and cured my sick little girl. Something that antibiotics and tests and catheters and blood work never could do!!! So this is what he did. He opened a brand new bottle of Arrowhead brand water (I specifically remember the Arrowhead brand, but any water would have worked.) He poured it into 4 different blue glass vials with droppers for lids. He then pointed a red laser at them each for different amounts of time and some had different lasers multiple times. What he was doing was infusing energy into the water in the bottles. Sounds crazy but it worked. I think it is based on the fact that everything has a specific *wavelength (*that's not the word I'm looking for, I just can't think of it right now). So assume parasite A has a *wavelength of 6.398. He infused the exact opposite wavelength into the water, so negative 6.398. Nothing can exist if the opposite is there- it will cancel it out, or in this case, kill it. So he infused many *wavelengths into each of these bottles and sent us home with instructions of 6 drops twice per day. He kept reminding me that she was a very sick little girl and to call if I had any questions or concerns, and gave me his personal cell phone number. I honestly went home thinking, "yeah right, another person who won't be able to make Cloee well".
I can't remember time frames well so I will do my best with what I think I remember. So Cloee would take the drops and it was so nice because they just tasted like water so it was easy, not like having to shove nasty medicine down her. She took the drops and after just a few days she began having diarrhea. It was so horribly worse than any diarrhea though. It was gray. Like perfectly gray. No brown or green or red or orange tint, no matter what she had eaten. It was pure gray. And it was thin. Like thinner than water, if at all possible. So she had gray diarrhea that was thinner than water. It was horrible. And she wasn't fully potty trained so I remember she was wearing pull ups a lot of the time. After just one or two days of this I noticed she wasn't really very active. She ate and slept fine but was just very still and didn't talk much. I remember one day in particular, can still remember it in my mind, where I looked over at her on the couch and she was just sitting there with a pink sippy cup and just looking around. Just looking at nothing though. No one else was home. And the tv wasn't on. She didn't act sick or whine or cry. She didn't act like her body hurt or anything. It was so strange. I look back on this now and I think she was actually starting to feel ok. Like maybe she wasn't in pain or feeling sick or hurt anymore.
I was nervous because the diarrhea went on for quite a few days so I called Dave (Dr Shiflet) and he reminded me AGAIN that I have a very sick little girl and her body is killing and purging all the garbage in her system- the viruses, bacteria, and parasites. He told me to go down to 3 drops twice per day, so we did. She seemed to be feeling better and her poop slowly began to be normal again. After a week or two of normal poop I noticed there were tons and tons of little white rice looking things in her poop. But they were much smaller than rice. But white rice shaped things. These were the parasites coming out of her. There were so many in each bowel movement. They kept coming out for days and days. It would gross me out so much but at the same time I was overjoyed because she was maybe gonna get better.
She didn't have a fever for SEVEN weeks. SEVEN!!! That was like a miracle. She was having fevers every 19-22 days for over 2 years! I was so excited but then sad when that darned fever came.
Cloee went back in for another scan and we found that all of the parasites were gone from her body EXCEPT a small area in her large intestine. Dave said to up the drops to 9 drops 3 times per day. We did that and to this day, at nearly 5 years old, I can't think of a time when Cloee has had a fever since then. It was truly a miracle and something her pediatrician and pulmonologist (both of whom we love) would have never figured out, nor been able to cure her of.
She was a changed girl after that. I realized that she had had major pain issues but learned to trudge through them. She probably always felt like crap. Like 100% of her day was spent in pain or feeling horrible. After this we saw a whole new girl. She almost immediately changed too. No more whining. No more crying. She was joyful and ate well and slept well and cuddled and loved on all of us.
It was a great time for me. While I still hold a lot of guilt for so much of the pain and suffering she had to endure for the first 3 years of her life, I am so happy that she doesn't have to deal with any of that any longer!!
I want to add that Will was completely skeptical. He was like, "you are taking her to a voodoo doctor? I don't think so!!" I remember tearing up and being frustrated because I didn't know what else to do. I was at my whits end and just wanted her to be well. When she had these fevers it was so draining on me. I was up in the night with her a lot. I couldn't live life like I needed to when she had these fevers. I had to stay home with her, hard to take her to do simple things like grocery shopping when she had a 105 degree temp! Luckily after Will saw that it worked he was a total believer and now any time any of us has some sort of tummy ache or weird issue he will tell me to make an appointment with the voodoo doctor.
Monday, September 17, 2012
Update to a post 2 years ago titled "Fevers, fevers, and more fevers"
at 12:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment