CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Physical Therapy

Cloee had her 2nd PT appointment today. It went really well. The physical therapist is Chris and she is really nice. Cloee is about 16 weeks old now- that's what she would be if she was born on her due date. She is at a 2-3 month old on some issues but at a 5-6 month old on others. We are working to get Cloee to "loosen up". She is really, really, really stiff and I guess that is normal for a baby who didn't get to finish their time in the mama's belly and in turn had to be in the NICU for so long. We are working to get her legs kicking and hips rotating which will help get rid of some of the stiffness. The therapist wiggles Cloee's body around and totally knows what she is doing and I have been watching and learning so I can practice with her each day. Some other things she does is she sets Cloee on one side and sees how quickly she falls/rolls back onto her back. Also, when she is laying on her back and we turn her head one way or the other then one arm should come into her body and the other arm should extend. It is really weird how all these movements are so important. Our wonderful pediatrician just asked if I would like a physical therapy evaluation and I said "sure, why not?!". And so here we are- doing PT a few times a week. I am so glad!!!

0 comments: