CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Look who's ONE!

Cloee's 1st birthday landed on a Sunday. We didn't plan anything and to be honest we didn't even get her a gift. During church I started feeling a little guilty so later that night I came up with something to do so we didn't just pass it by, after all, it is a MAJOR accomplishment for this little girl!!!
We invited my sisters and mom and a few families from the ward that we are close with to come over for a fancy dinner of sloppy joes and chips & dips. It was very casual to say the least. It started early- around 5:30 and everyone was gone by 7:30 so we all had time to get our kids bathed and in bed at a decent time since it was a school night. We all had a great time, even Cloee, despite a 103.5 fever and the fact that she had to take some breathing treatment breaks.

Daddy and the tweet baby girl at the beginning of the party. Cloee's not very excited about this outfit and whole party thing. Cloee looks darling though, don't you think?
Cloee is feeling a bit sad that she's not being held and wondering why she was put in her chair.
She's waiting... I actually added a few of these pictures so you could see her "allergic tendancies" on her neck. Click to enlarge and see it better.
Cloee was grabbing her ear a lot that night but she had an appointment at the pulmonologist the next day and both ears checked out fine.
Cute hat! It was waaaay over-stimulating for this little one. Will kept worrying that Cloee was gonna grab the fire on the candle- but she never did. In this pic she's watching as everyone sang to her.
She DID NOT appreciate when I stuck her hand in the cake. Textures are a huge deal to Cloee. She kind of smooshed it around in her hand and fingers.
Then I put her hand to her mouth and once she got a taste she loved it and went back for more...
Her face, both hands, and dress got more cake than her mouth but that's ok.
A little side note- This was an individual slice of cake sold at Fry's bakery. There was a really cute little individual cake there with bright frosting and little plastic balloons. Cade thought it was "perfect" for Cloee. I just couldn't buy it though. I was picturing my baby's face smeared with bright lime green and hot pink frosting all over it. I just couldn't buy it. And I am glad I didn't. I had enough anxiety watching her get her hands all dirty and greasy with the tame chocolate and Oreo cake I did end up getting, I had to walk away and let my mom take care of the mess.

After a quick clothing change and a new hair bow it was time to open the presents. Cloee didn't actually open any of her presents but Carlee and I did it for her. She wasn't even interested in the tissue paper. Weird baby! (was probably because she didn't feel good)

Mommy, Cloee, and big sister Carlee - quick pose while opening presents

This is what some of the boys did (video games) while the girls opened presents. It looks like Ashleigh got stuck in there too. Why is the little kitchen turned over???

Cloee and her little boyfriend couldn't keep their hands off each other. Shame on them!! Stratton just wanted to get a quick piece but Cloee was tellin' him "NO- there's a time and a place and this is definitely not the time!" Maybe in like... 15 years.

0 comments: